ETCS Middle School Career Day
Two identical sessions held
Friday, October 26, 2012
Friday, November 2, 2012
Scroll down for registration request information
Presented by the College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Associate Professor Elizabeth Thompson, Ph.D., Department of Engineering
Middle School Career Day is geared toward middle school students and is structured to provide exposure to a wide variety of engineering, technology, and computer science disciplines. Presentations are provided by IPFW faculty and/or IPFW students and vary from year to year, subject to availability. “Hands-on” activities or demonstrations are a key part of each session and a study trip worksheet for students will be provided. Topics of past presentations have included demonstrations on astronomical imaging, surveying, bridge building, circuit design, robotics, digital signal processing, the wind tunnel, stress visualization, and computer languages.
Friday, October 26 and November 2 , 2012 from 9:30 AM -12:30 PM.
These two dates are identical sessions.
Check-in takes place at IPFW in a designated area. Groups then walk to the College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science building for the sessions. All registered students will be divided into smaller groups and each group is rotated through various technical sessions on 15-20 minute intervals.
FREE however schools must complete the online Registration Request form which opens Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 7 a.m. EDT. Registration is now closed.
For students and teachers who wish to stay to eat lunch, pizza and soda pop is available by PRE-ORDERING. Details will be provided prior to the event. 14" pizza is $7.25 and soda (Coke products) is 50¢ ea. Deadline to order food is the Friday prior to the event.
Online Registration Request Form
NOTE: Registration is closed.
The above link to the Registration Request Form is closed.
Only registration requests submitted at or after 7 a.m. EDT on 9/19 will be considered
- You will need the following information to register: School name, address, teacher's name, phone, email; 1st & 2nd date choices; yes/no to waiting list; number of students and adults attending; if staying for lunch.
- If you have any problems with this online form call 260-481-5756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The online Registration Request will remain open until each session is full (175 students). After all requests have been processed (first come, first serve) you will be notified by email of your status.
- Due to space limitations and the popularity of this free program we are unable to accommodate every school that submits a Registration Request.
- In order to allow a variety of schools to participate, registration is limited to 55 students per school. You must bring chaperones (one adult per 10 students) to accompany and supervise your students during the rotations.
- All registrations must be placed using the online Registration Request form. Phone reservations will not be taken. For registration info contact Becky at (260) 481-4145 or email email@example.com
- Media Information & Agreement Form
Fall 2012 Program
Fall 2012 Photos
Click here for more information about IPFW Engineering
Click here for more information about IPFW K-12 Outreach
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
2101 E. Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Carol Dostal, Director of Outreach
260.481.6905 email firstname.lastname@example.org