Friday, October 25 and November 1 , 2013 from 9:30 AM -12:30 PM.
These two dates are identical sessions. Both sessions are full.
Check-in takes place at IPFW in a designated area. Groups then walk to the College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science building for the sessions. All registered students will be divided into smaller groups and each group is rotated through various technical sessions on 15-20 minute intervals.
Presentations are provided by IPFW faculty and invited community guests. One of this year's invited guests is Science Central. "Mini" presentations designed to grab the attention of students are a key part of each session. Topics of past presentations have included demonstrations on astronomical imaging, surveying, bridge building, circuit design, robotics, digital signal processing, the wind tunnel, stress visualization, and computer languages.
FREE however schools must complete the online Registration Application form which opens Wednesday Sept. 18 at 7 a.m. EDT.
For students and teachers who wish to stay to eat lunch, pizza and soda pop is available by PRE-ORDERING. Details will be provided prior to the event. 14" pizza is $7.25 and soda (Pepsi products) is 50¢ ea. Deadline to order food is the Friday prior to the event.
Online Registration Application Form is closed; sessions are full
The above link to the Registration Application will be open Wednesday, Sept. 18.
Only registration applications submitted at or after 7 a.m. EDT on 9/18/13 will be considered
- You will need the following information to register: School name, address, teacher's name, phone, email; 1st & 2nd date choices; yes/no to waiting list; number of students and adults attending; if staying for lunch.
- If you have any problems with this online form call 260-481-5756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The online Registration Application will remain open until each session is full (175 students). After all applications have been processed you will be notified by email of your status.
- Due to space limitations and the popularity of this free program we are unable to accommodate every school that submits a Registration Application.
- In order to allow a variety of schools to participate, registration is limited to 55 students per school. You must bring chaperones (one adult per 10 students) to accompany and supervise your students during the rotations.
- All registrations applications must be placed using the online Registration Application form. Phone reservations will not be taken. For registration info contact Becky at (260) 481-4145 or email email@example.com
- Media Information & Agreement Form
Fall 2012 Program
Fall 2012 Photos
Click here for more information about IPFW Engineering
Click here for more information about IPFW K-12 Outreach
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
2101 E. Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Carol Dostal, Director of Outreach
260.481.6905 email firstname.lastname@example.org